The return to in-person learning has gone well with the exception of the traffic on Pleasant View Ave (116) in the morning. There are a number of factors that have impacted traffic.
- GMS and SHS have similar start times.
- Bus capacities are reduced.
- Increased number of parents driving students to school.
- Juniors are now driving.
- Lack of coordination with crossing guards at SHS and GMS.
- Community vehicles have not adjusted with alternate routes.
We did see some improvement as the week progressed and we anticipate it will get better each week as everyone adjusts. We are working on some additional strategies to assist (Earlier drop-off times) but need everyone's help in the morning. Please consider the following:
- Please leave earlier for school.
- Drop off your child at Deerfield and have them walk to SHS.
- If your child is eligible for bus transportation please utilize it.
- If entering the SHS parking lot utilize door #18 and door #1 for student drop-offs.
We appreciate your patience as we make adjustments.