Summer Update #1 - 6/30
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Summer Update #1!
Please continue to check www.shsri.org for updates!
- Fall Reopening Plans
- Please check the District page for updates from the Superintendent.
- Grades are posted on Infinite Campus. Many of you had grade changes. Those should be reflected on transcripts next week.
- SHS Summer Learning 2020
- Athletic Physicals - For 2020 fall sport registration, a valid physical exam is required for all students planning on playing sports. Physicals are valid for 13 months from the date of the exam. Please register online at https://shsri-ar.rschooltoday.com/ and upload a current physical exam. Senior athletes and middle school athletes should also turn in a copy of their physical to the school nurse. If you are having a scheduling issue and are unable to see your pediatrician due to the COVID-19 pandemic prior to the start of the fall season, please contact athletic director Chris Coderre, high school nurse Cathy Riley RN, or middle school nurse Donna Moan RN. Chris Coderre - firstname.lastname@example.org Cathy Riley - email@example.com
- SMITHFIELD SCHOOL COMMITTEE STUDENT LIAISON APPLICATION (DUE JULY 17, 2020) - This is for members of the Class of 2022 only. Application may be found here.
- The Town Manager is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Smithfield Youth Council. More Information
- Section 1. General Purpose. The purpose of this organization is to serve as a communications link between the youth and the town government of Smithfield. Through the creation of this youth council the Smithfield Town Council and the Town of Smithfield have sent the message that our youth represent not only our future, but our present.
- Section 2. Mission The mission of the Smithfield Youth Council is to broaden the scope of youth leadership in Smithfield, RI through voluntarism, service and initiatives that are directed towards allowing youth input into policy issues, identifying youth issues and participating in the development of positive solutions.
- Section 3. Specific Functions. Specific functions of the Youth Council shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- a. To establish or strengthen services deemed important by the Youth Council for the youth of Smithfield.
- b. To serve as a forum for the youth of Smithfield to present their ideas, needs, and suggestions.
- c. To address the needs, problems, and issues affecting the youth of Smithfield.
- d. To serve as a liaison between the Town Council and the youth of Smithfield.
- Full Ordinance
- Working Papers - Many of you have asked about working papers. We are happy to assist with this. The following docs need to be brought to the high school secretary to be signed. Please contact Ms. Bean to schedule an appointment (401-949-2050).